Miss Em’s Bag uses a combination of double crochet and chains placed just right to create an amazing 3D effect known as the Turkish St Point. These stretchy stitches open to reveal the inside satin lining. The effect is stunning and eye catching.
Skill Level: Advanced
The pattern is written in inches for the following dimensions: Width 14.5, Length 12.5; Straps; Width 1.5, Length 20.
• Yarn: 6 balls (approximately 720 yds), Peaches & Crème, #4, 100% cotton, Worsted 4-ply, 2.5oz/70.0g, 120yds/109m, Color black
• Hook(s): US 7 / 4.5mm for the main bag body, US/4mm for the straps.
• Wooden rings 1.89in/48mm, 8mm thick
• Satin 20 inches wide / 30 inches long. Approximately 2 yds (I always get extra)
• Thread get a color that matches the satin
• Yarn needle and sewing needle (or machine if you are familiar with using one)
• Tape measure
• Sewing pins
Abbreviations/Stitches (US terms):
• St(s)- Stitch(s)
• Sk- skip stitch(s)
• Ch- chain
• Slst- slip stitch
• Yo- yarn over
• Sc- single crochet
• Dc- double crochet
• Fpdc- front post double crochet
• Rvsc- reverse single crochet
Looks like you haven't made a choice yet.